Pageviews last month

Thursday, February 3, 2011

UP RISING IN EGYPT


"Go down Moses, way down in Egypt land. Tell ole Pharoah to let my people go."
Is it just me or does anyone else find it truly amazing that the last week is the first that we are hearing of discontent in Egypt. It is almost as though all of a sudden someone got an idea that they wanted to be "free." I thought that they were already free. What is really going on and for how long has it been going on? How long has this disgruntled spirit been erupting in Egypt? How long has our country been giving them millions of dollars in aid? And what the HELL for? We are having all kinds of financial problems and woes in America. But we always seem to have enough money to prop up other countries' militaries. I know that it is in the name of national security. But, if we just shored up our own military with the money we give away each year to Afghanistan, Egypt and whoever else, then no one would dare think to cross our borders.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing, I was thinking the same thing. All these years, I never heard much of anything regarding Egypt. When I heard of the challenges there, I though of Pharoh and the people wanting to be set free.

    ReplyDelete